Video Cards

Search form

Posted by
on Sunday, July 5, 2009 - 3:25am

Sapphire hd4650The Sapphire HD4650 is a low price GPU based on the 55nm fabricated die that has all the features of the higher priced cards but just not to the extent of the others. Two of the main features of the card is the overclocked 650MHz core and 320 Stream Processors. This is more than enough to support your favorite high def video at a resolution of 2560x1600. And all this can be had for a mere $80.

Posted by
on Sunday, July 5, 2009 - 3:05am

sapphire 4550As much as many of us would like to think so we overclockers/enthusiasts only make up a very small portion of the people that use a PC. I visit many forums including my own and so often we talk like we are the only computer users that matter. But if I had to guess what percentage of people are buying high frequency processors, crazy dollar amount video cards or coolers the size of elephants are very small about less than 10%. The other 90% are satisfied with a faster CPU than the one they had before or a video card powerful enough to play their favorite video games at a decent frame rate. 

Posted by
on Sunday, July 5, 2009 - 2:47am

Toxic HD4870We got our mitts on the latest card to the Toxic line, the 4870 Toxic. And if you are one of those that have had a Toxic card before you haven't seen anything yet. The last Toxic we had here was the 3870 model that had a single slot cooling system based around the Vapor-X cooling system. While Sapphire took this Toxic in a whole new direction. This time the cooler coves the entirety of the card which is like the latest Nvidia lineup. I can't give you all the details of the new card in the introduction of the reviews so you must read on to find out more about the Sapphire HD 4870 Toxic.

Posted by
on Saturday, July 4, 2009 - 11:44pm

CrossfireOur wonderful friends at Sapphire were more than generous to us but not sending just one of their newest cards but two. The HD4670 is built around the RV730 which has a few favorable advantages over the RV770 (4870 and X2). Yes, we know that speed isn't one of those advantages but for less than $100 what would you expect. Less power consumption, less money and heat build up are a few things that will win many of us over. 

Posted by
on Saturday, July 4, 2009 - 11:40pm

People across the globe purchasing and building systems based on the higher-end Intel chipset to utilize dual GPU setups now have a reason to justify their purchases. For quite some time, people that were dreaming of a better-than-average gaming rig were forced to go with SLI simply because of the pure graphics power the nVidia 8xxx and 9xxx graphic cards offered over ATI cards. Things have changed. We'll be looking at our first dual GPU card at Pro-Clockers courtesy of Sapphire. The Sapphire 4870x2 is based on the ATI reference design and its numbers reflect this. Let's take it for a test drive.

Posted by
on Saturday, July 4, 2009 - 2:17am


overviewToday we will be covering the ATI top card in the form of the 4870. The 4870 is based on the long awaited RV770 from AMD. The RV770 core was manufacturer from the 55 nanometer technology. This whole technology is what gave us DirectX 10.i, Shader 4.1 and PCIe 2.0 support. The most impressive feature that we see in the new 4870 GPU is the GDDR5 which is clocked at 900MHz in this new AMD card. There are plenty of features we can sit here and talk about but how about we get into the testing phase and see how well it performs?

Posted by
on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 5:33pm

overviewGigabyte being no stranger to graphic cards has sent us their variant of the 8800GT. The GV-NX88T512HP takes the 8800GT to a whole new level being overclocked from the factory. And to tame all the speed the card has to offer Gigabyte consulted Zalman for providing the necessary cooling.  When you introduce a major player in motherboards and a major player in cooling chances are you will get an awesome product in the end.



Linode VPS Hosting